[Openstack] Glance Image Upload error.

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 15:24:08 UTC 2012

On 07/06/2012 01:26 AM, Trinath Somanchi wrote:
> Hi -
>
> Nope, I'm not working on Diablo release.
>
> But I have image in 3 parts. I want to store these three parts of the
> image into glance as a single image. To achieve the same while doing a
> google search found this procedure.
>
> Hence, implemented the same.
>
> Can any one guide me on how to store multiple parts of a single image
> into glance.

You cannot store multiple image parts in Glance -- you must store the
image as a single file. The backend that Glance uses for storage *may*
split the incoming file into chunks, but that's not something you will
see as a user of the Glance AAPI. That said, I *think* you mean that you
want to store a kernel image, a ramdisk image and a disk image in
Glance, and that is certainly possible -- but it's wrong to call those
"image parts" :)

Best,
-jay