[Openstack] Per host floating ip

Alessandro Tagliapietra tagliapietra.alessandro at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 09:02:42 UTC 2012

I'm currently building up, i did a test setup with 3 machines and it worked.
Now i'm doing it again with secure passwords, firewall etc.
Btw, i just bought 3 EX 4 servers with a private lan between them using the switch + additional nic option they provide.

I was thinking that another solution would be to use failover ip and when i assign an ip to an instance a custom hook calls the hetzner api to change the routing to point the ip to the server which is running the vm.

Next step would be to use a shared fs like gluster for vm HA.

I was thinking to make a blog post as soon as i get everything working to share how i did the setup.

Regards