[Openstack] [HPC] Openstack HPC telecon

John Paul Walters jwalters at isi.edu
Fri Jul 6 17:24:57 UTC 2012

Stefano,

> This is a great idea. HPC is an interesting topic and discussions around
> it may be useful for lots of people. As format, I would suggest
> something that can be recorded and played back conveniently, after it
> happened. Casual Hangouts on Google are very trendy lately (it's the new
> toy) and come with the advantage of going to youtube once they're done.
> The good old audio conference is also good, if it can be recorded can
> become a podcast. There are plenty of tools available for that.
>
> What would be an 'agenda' (loosely defined points to discuss or
> illustrate?) for the first meeting?

A Google Hangout is an option.  My only reluctance is that I don't want a Google+ account to be a barrier to participation if we can avoid it.  I don't have a strong opinion here, do others?

As far as an agenda, I'd like to accomplish the following:

1) I'd like to hear from those who are currently or /planning to stand up an HPC cloud
2) Discussion on the best practices for (1)
3) I'd like to give an update on the HPC extensions we're working on
4) User feedback - what features are missing (low hanging fruit, especially)

This may be more than we can get to in an initial meeting, but it's a start.  I'm also open to other agenda items.

best,
JP