[Openstack] Keystone Federation

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Thu Jul 5 20:39:28 UTC 2012

On 07/05/2012 03:12 PM, Matt Joyce wrote:
> Don't know if we want it.

So the justifications are:

1.  Redundancy
2.  Scalability
3.  Separation of concerns.

For example,  I could see a Set up where there are two Keystone servers
with different back ends,  one using the corporate LDAP for in house
use, one using a MySQL database for partners.

I could see variations where a Keystone instance gets deployed inside a
corporate firewall,  using a strict auth mechanism like Kerberos or
Smart Cards,  and those  tokens are used to talk to a remove Openstack
install.  Again,  just for a subset of users.

> But we may want to consider the idea of satellite read only keystone
> servers.

Not sure we can do strict read only, if the satellite serverws are
responsible for issuing out tokens.