[Openstack] shuffle(nodes) in Swift

Michael Barton mike-launchpad at weirdlooking.com
Thu Jul 5 20:20:43 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 11:21 AM, Anatoly Legkodymov <anatoly at nexenta.com> wrote:
> I propose removing shuffle(nodes) from proxy-server will make memory caching
> 3 times more efficient, without loosing in anything else.

I don't know, this kind of stuff is pretty use case dependent.  If
you're not using page cache for object data (the default), you might
want shuffling so you can support some concurrency.  If you use page
cache but have enough traffic to an object to bottleneck on some other
resource, you might want shuffling so you can balance the load.

-- Mike