[Openstack] Openstack Compute Node Scalability

He Shu thecloudstory at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 14:32:11 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm fresh in OpenStack. I was looking at OpenStack architectures, one
question comes up to my mind: what is the compute node scalability in
openstack? What is the max number of compute nodes (hosts) that one cloud
controller can support?

I searched quite a while and unfortunately I didn't find anything useful.
It appears that each compute node (host) advertises it's existence into
mysql directly. I find this is uncomfortable because it's going to be the
bottleneck. If the max number of connections the mysql supports is 100,
then does it mean only 100 compute hosts can be supported at the same time?

Thanks,
cs