[Openstack] Stackforge migrating

Andrew Hutchings andrew at linuxjedi.co.uk
Wed Jul 4 12:20:09 UTC 2012

Hi guys,

There was an initial plan to migrate Stackforge Gerrit and Jenkins to
OpenStack Gerrit/Jenkins.  There are many reasons for this such as:

1. We are having problems with the hosting platform Stackforge uses
(such as outgoing mail)
2. It is much less for us to administer
3. With Jenkins Job Filler, Zuul and other changes made this cycle the
move has very little impact on anything

We had planned to do this in a couple of months time.  But today we
found that the Stackforge Jenkins server has been completely blown away.
 So I'm accelerating this move to ... right now.  Mostly due to this
being a lot quicker to do that to completely build a new Jenkins from
scratch.

I will send further instructions out soon to Stackforge uses on how to
apply the migration to their branches.

Kind Regards
--
Andrew Hutchings - LinuxJedi - http://www.linuxjedi.co.uk/