[Openstack] Anyone using instance metadata?

Mitchell Broome mitchell.broome at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 10:39:45 UTC 2012

We are using metadata tags to maintain assorted information about
instances that doesn't have to be provided to the instance it's self.
Things like letting users assign notes to their instances which
shouldn't be exposed as userdata (which we use to configure the
machines).  It would be really nice to have metadata exposed via the
ec2 compatibility api with create_tags() and the like as right now, I
have to create an exception to set tags on instances differently when
they are created in openstack vs amazon.