[Openstack] OpenStack "G" naming poll

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Jul 4 07:56:49 UTC 2012

James E. Blair wrote:
> Brian Waldon <brian.waldon at rackspace.com> writes:
>> TL;DR - Screw the rules, let's call the next release 'Grizzly'
>> [...]
>
> I will join your Bear Flag Revolt.

OK, OK, Jim's flag convinced me, I absolutely need a T-shirt with that.

So I set up a /second/ poll that basically says, ignore the result of
the other one and go for Grizzly:

https://launchpad.net/~openstack/+poll/g-stands-for-grizzly

Launchpad polls need to be created 12 hours before they open (sucks) so
it's not available yet (opens at 20:00 UTC today), and will end at the
same date as the other one. Combining the two results we should be able
to have a winner !

We'll advertise both starting tomorrow on
blogs/Twitter/whatever-is-cool-today :)

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack