[Openstack] Anyone using instance metadata?

Steve Baker steve at stevebaker.org
Tue Jul 3 22:10:43 UTC 2012

Hi Vish

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 6:28 AM, Vishvananda Ishaya
<vishvananda at gmail.com> wrote:
> Metadata is supposed to be user "tags" that are associated with a guest
> that are available via the api. We discussed displaying these tags inside
> the guest as well.

I've just been looking into what is already in place to implement the
CreateTags, DeleteTags, DescribeTags API and I also came across the
*_instance_metadata compute API.

http://docs.amazonwebservices.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/Using_Tags.html#Using_Tags_API

The tags API can add tags to a number of resource types, but currently
there only seems to be a metadata tables for instances and volumes.

Would there be interest in me working on a change to implement
CreateTags, DeleteTags, DescribeTags for instances and volumes?

Later changes could add new metadata tables for the other taggable
resource types.

cheers