[Openstack] Nova and asynchronous instance launching

Chris Behrens cbehrens at codestud.com
Tue Jul 3 20:21:03 UTC 2012

There wasn't a blueprint, but you can see the change here:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/7542/

Bandwidth is updated in a DB table outside of notifications.  Notifications just pulls the last data received and sends it.  With rapid state changes, I would expect that bandidth_usage would mostly not be different in the messages… unless a bandwidth update in the background happens to sneak in during the middle of the events.

In any case… these state change events are noted by 'compute.instance.update'.  For actions like 'rebuild', you'll get an 'exists' message when the action starts… but then you'll also see some instance.update events as the states switch.

At least this is how I understand it.  Besides the code, your best resource for information about notification payloads, etc is this:

http://wiki.openstack.org/SystemUsageData

- Chris