[Openstack] Anyone using instance metadata?

Vishvananda Ishaya vishvananda at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 18:28:59 UTC 2012

Metadata is supposed to be user "tags" that are associated with a guest
that are available via the api. We discussed displaying these tags inside
the guest as well.

The main difference between user-data and metadata is that metadata is
available to the api, whereas user-data is only available in the guest.

Vish