[Openstack] PyPI uploads for client libs live

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Jul 3 09:57:47 UTC 2012

Monty Taylor wrote:
> At the moment, the only people with permission to upload tags is the
> openstack-release team. However, since we're letting client libs manage
> their own versions, I kinda think we should give PTLs the right on their
> own project - so Vish would get tag access to python-novaclient, Brian
> to python-glanceclient, etc.

Ideally it would be a two-side approval process (PTL +
openstack-release), because openstack-release shouldn't be able to tag
without PTL approval, and openstack-release should still be kept in the
loop before a tag is pushed by PTLs (there are multiple reasons why a
few hours delay before tagging would be a good idea, and the
openstack-release people actually keep track of those).

That said, we don't have that approval mechanism available yet (same
issue with the core projects release tagging) so in the mean time we
should probably let the small set of individuals with an understanding
of the issues (PTLs + openstack-release) have the power to do it. Within
that group, we can have a soft two-side approval process (based on IRC
pings) to check "everything is OK" before triggering a release.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack