[Openstack] RFC: Thoughts on improving OpenStack GIT commit practice/history

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Mon Jul 2 12:20:18 UTC 2012

> I must say that this has been driving me mad this last week. IIUC, only
> members of the core review team have permission to retrigger Jenkins,
> but I feel it is putting too much burden on them to have to track every
> patch with a bogus Jenkins failure. If we can't get Jenkins to be more
> reliable, then can we see about letting patch submitters retrigger
> Jenkins builds for their own patches.

There's a whole other thread about this at the moment, which outlines
the problems and what we're doing about it. One of the main issues
should be already solved. The primary goal is to get jenkins to be more
reliable so that hiccups don't happen in the first place.

In any case, if you want all the details, please see James Blair's
recent email to the Jenkins and Transient Failures thread.

Monty