[Openstack] nova/puppet blueprint, and some questions

Ryan Lane rlane at wikimedia.org
Tue Jan 31 21:52:42 UTC 2012

> Sorry for the slow response on this.  There has been a lot to do for e-3. In any case, here are my thoughts on the subject. I am really not convinced that configuration management needs to be part of nova at all.  This is stuff that should be built on top of nova.  We have a bit of work to do cleaning up and improving metadata to make this type of thing easier, but I don't see any big needs for this to be in nova. A horizon plugin that handles this seems like it would be much more interesting.

Then cli users can't use this, and other web frontends can't use it
and everyone would very likely implement it differently. My hope was a
consistent interface for this kind of stuff, so that users would be
able to use this at different providers, and so that libraries could
implement this consistently.

- Ryan