[Openstack] Fast cloning - FF-Exception request

Devdeep Singh devdeep.singh at citrix.com
Tue Jan 31 18:31:56 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am asking for a Feature-Freeze exception for the blueprint https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/fast-cloning-for-xenserver.

I appreciate that it is now late for getting this feature in, however we are ready to get this feature early in E4.

We have got a few reviews in the queue, and we are close to completing them. It is my understanding that E4 was not for big changes. However, this change only touches the xenapi code for instance creation. I have tested these change extensively to make sure it doesn't break anything. Moreover, it will help close the gap between KVM and XenAPI.

Thanks,
Devdeep