[Openstack] [Nova] Essex dead wood cutting

Sandy Walsh sandy.walsh at RACKSPACE.COM
Fri Jan 27 15:44:36 UTC 2012

I'll be taking the existing Zones code out of API and Distributed Scheduler. The new Zones infrastructure is an optional component.

-S
From: openstack-bounces+sandy.walsh=rackspace.com at lists.launchpad.net [openstack-bounces+sandy.walsh=rackspace.com at lists.launchpad.net] on behalf of Thierry Carrez [thierry at openstack.org]
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2012 11:23 AM
To: openstack at lists.launchpad.net
Subject: [Openstack] [Nova] Essex dead wood cutting

Just as Nova enters feature freeze, it sounds like a good moment to
consider removing deprecated, known-buggy-and-unmaintained or useless
feature code from the Essex tree.

Here are my suggestions for removal:

- Ajaxterm (unmaintained, security issues, replaced by VNC console)
- Hyper-V support (known broken and unmaintained)

I'm sure that everyone has suggestions on other dead wood that we should
cut now rather than ship in Essex... please comment.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack