[Openstack] Melange Essex-3 Milestone release

Troy Toman troy.toman at rackspace.com
Fri Jan 27 04:02:44 UTC 2012

The Melange Essex-3 milestone was released this morning. You can find details at:

https://launchpad.net/melange/essex/essex-3

This release focused on bug fixing, splitting out the python-melangeclient and tidying up integration with the Nova Quantum Manager. This was also the first release where Melange was part of the OpenStack build process. Thierry, Monty and James Blair where a huge help in getting this set up.

For E-4, we will be focused on improving the integration with Nova and Quantum, looking at scaling up to support service provider scale allocations and improving usability and documentation. I don't expect much in the way of new features. But, there may be some API adjustments as we optimize integration across systems.

Troy