[Openstack] Ubuntu OpenStack QA Lab up and running

Adam Gandelman adamg at canonical.com
Thu Jan 26 21:28:59 UTC 2012

Hey Nati--

> 1. Is there any document or opensource of your juju-based ci-deployment?

You can find a whole pile of bzr branches that hosts everything this is
built on at

https://code.launchpad.net/~openstack-ubuntu-testing

Beware this contains a lot of stuff! Packaging branches, forked Juju
charms customized for the CI lab, various utility scripts we came up
with along the way.  I'll try to get an email or blog somewhere that
gives an overview of what we've put together and how it all works.

>> 2. Which kind of test are you running after deploy test?

We're currently deploying components across 8 baremetal nodes and then
running a very basic test of cloud functionality.  I lifted the euca
test from the devstack exercise scripts.  I'd like to also recruit the
other excercise scripts to smoke test the deployment so we are at least
on-par with what upstream CI is testing.  I've been poking at tempest in
the meantime as well.  Unfortunately, every time I do requires
uncovering some more bugs. I will probably look into enabling Tempest
testing even if its results are not 100% reliable currently. Long-term,
we'd like to be using the Tempest suite to do all integration testing.

Adam