[Openstack] nova/puppet blueprint, and some questions

Andrew Bogott abogott at wikimedia.org
Thu Jan 26 21:26:24 UTC 2012

On 1/26/12 11:30 AM, Tim Bell wrote:
> Looks interesting.
>
> I wonder if it can be made more generic so that it would satisfy a similar
> set of requirements for Chef (or whatever else comes along).  I would
> suspect that the general requirements for tables etc. are not puppet
> specific, although the implementations may vary.

That's certainly an appealing idea.  I'm reading up about chef right
now; am I correct in understanding that a recipe is analogous to a
class, and an attribute analogous to a variable?  If so then the tables
and API are most likely the same.  Might be, in fact, that the nova
drivers would even be the same and the only difference is in the guest
agent.

So I just have to think of some generic names for this stuff in the
blueprint :)

-Andrew