[Openstack] How to start/stop/restart services in devstack

Joshua Harlow harlowja at yahoo-inc.com
Thu Jan 26 20:48:26 UTC 2012

This actually is something I wanted to verify.
What are the reasons sudo won't work?
Apache running seems to be the only reason for that? Also the fact that config files are written to privileged locations (/etc/apache2...), volume group commands and such.
In the newer devstack I am working on sudo should work since the process of installing (to any location u pick) and then starting is separated (and the apache user/group is configurable) but I just wanted to double check this.