[Openstack] Ubuntu OpenStack QA Lab up and running

Robbie Williamson robbie at ubuntu.com
Thu Jan 26 19:22:59 UTC 2012

http://jenkins.qa.ubuntu.com/view/Precise%20OpenStack%20Testing/

James Page[1] has setup the jobs in the Ubuntu OpenStack QA Lab to start
publishing to our public Jenkins QA instance this morning. We now have
automated build testing of all core openstack components triggered from
upstream trunk commits. This is followed by automated deployment
(-deploy) of OpenStack in the lab with a serving of testing (-test) once
its all up and running.

Credit to Adam Gandelman[2] for the Juju[3] charm work, deployment
framework and test execution and to Chuck Short[4] for the hugely
misnamed tarball.sh script which completes the git/bzr/packaging fu to
build and deploy openstack packages!

The plan is to get the upstream Tempest test suite running in the lab;
at the moment we are running a more limited test script just to ensure
that you can spin up and instance and see it on the network.

Ultimately, our plan is to leverage this testing to help us ensure a
stable and robust Ubuntu Cloud release in Ubuntu Server 12.04LTS.

Comments and feedback are always welcome!

Thanks,
-Robbie Williamson

[1] https://launchpad.net/~james-page
[2] https://launchpad.net/~gandelman-a
[3] https://code.launchpad.net/charms
[4] https://launchpad.net/~zulcss

--
Robbie Williamson <robbie at ubuntu.com>
robbiew[irc.freenode.net]

"Don't make me angry...you wouldn't like me when I'm angry."
 -Bruce Banner