[Openstack] ZeroMQ RPC Driver - FF-Exception request

Eric Windisch eric at cloudscaling.com
Wed Jan 25 16:49:40 UTC 2012

Alexis,

It is also obvious that the link I provided is a particularly biased source, so it should be taken with a grain of salt. I only mentioned Qpid because Nova just received a driver for it, I didn't know the differences in such detail.

One of the problems Nova has is that it registers N queues for N hosts, with one host pulling from each queue (1:1). This is why ZeroMQ is a good fit, whereby messages can be sent directly to those hosts. There are also a small (but active) number of N to N queues which remain centralized and for which running Rabbit or Qpid is a good fit.

It would be interesting exercise to allow the ZeroMQ driver to defer back to the Kombu or Qpid driver for those messages which must remain centralized.

--
Eric Windisch