[Openstack] No /etc/nova/nova.conf

Joshua Harlow harlowja at yahoo-inc.com
Wed Jan 25 03:56:48 UTC 2012

Where would u like all the configs to be.

I can attempt to make this better in the new devstack2.

Might as well get it right the second time around ;)

On 1/24/12 1:28 PM, "David Kranz" <david.kranz at qrclab.com> wrote:

In general, it is unfortunate that there is such a big difference in the
end result between deploying from source and from packages, even though
they are supposed to function the same.  Ideally the process structure,
locations of configuration files, etc. could be the same. The location
of nova.conf is just one small piece. The current situation is confusing
to new users and makes it more difficult for old users to try new
versions of OpenStack in "real" environments. I realize this is a
difficult issue because different distros do the packaging differently.

  -David