[Openstack] No /etc/nova/nova.conf

Joe Smithian joe.smithian at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 19:30:01 UTC 2012

Hi Kiall,

Thanks for your reply, I was confused between DevStack and regular
installation! The first time I installed devStack using the stack.sh
script everything was fine and I was able to login to dashboard, but
it doesn't work anymore, I think after I changed the IP address of the
machine and moved it to another network.

When I try to login to Dashboard it fails with this message:

    Error: Unable to communicate with identity service: [Errno 111]
Connection refused. (HTTP 400)

It looks like some nova and keystone services are not running. So my
question is how to check the status and restart all services in
devStack?
I can't use  commands like "restart nova-api" because they are not
installed. There should be other ways to start services in devStack.

Thanks again,

Joe