[Openstack] Swift supported file system

John Dickinson me at not.mn
Mon Jan 23 14:30:28 UTC 2012

The storage volumes referenced in the ring are identified by an IP, port, and mount point. So, it is possible to use network attached storage for swift (as long as it still supports xattrs). However, I don't know if this has ever really been tried (especially in production), and I'd be surprised if you get any benefits doing this (rather than using local hard drives).

--John