[Openstack] Swift Consistency Guarantees?

Nikolaus Rath Nikolaus at rath.org
Fri Jan 20 20:17:32 UTC 2012

Hi,

Thanks! So there is no way to reliably get the most-recent version of an
object under all conditions.

Does the same apply to object listings? I.e., when a PUT of a new object
returns, can I construct a situation where a subsequent listing of the
container contents will not include the new object?

Best,
Nikolaus

On 01/20/2012 03:05 PM, Stephen Broeker wrote:
> In this case, I believe that the GET will succeed.
>
> On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 11:58 AM, Nikolaus Rath <Nikolaus at rath.org
> <mailto:Nikolaus at rath.org>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     Sorry for being so persistent, but I'm still not sure what happens if
>     the 2 servers that carry the new replica are down, but the 1 server that
>     has the old replica is up. Will GET fail or return the old replica?
>
>     Best,
>     Niko
>
>     On 01/20/2012 02:52 PM, Stephen Broeker wrote:

   -Nikolaus