[Openstack] Using fake drivers for testing

Brebner, Gavin gavin.brebner at hp.com
Mon Jan 16 15:18:13 UTC 2012

I'm interested in running some "white-box" tests that check scalability and limits of parts of a Nova system.  I want to start from a
full working configuration however, as I get that from my dev team and it includes all sorts of settings that would be tedious
and error prone to reproduce in other ways. My thought was that good use could be made of some of the "fake" drivers
that are present - I'm hoping to be able to make some minimal code/config changes to swap the driver on my host node(s)
for a fake one, restart the services and run tests.

Any caveats on this that I should be aware of ? For that matter has anyone tried this kind of thing before ? I'd be interested in
hearing of your experiences if so.

Thanks,

                Gavin