[Openstack] Public and Private DNS (was: Blueprint etiquette)

Kiall Mac Innes kiall at managedit.ie
Fri Jan 6 19:57:16 UTC 2012

Hi Andrew,

Yes - That makes sense. Thanks!

So, Another question. On EC2, Querying for the external DNS name of an
instance will return its internal IP, if the query originates from the
same availability zone (or maybe region, I can't remember offhand). Is
this planned?

This would (in a roundabout way) resolve the issue of being unable to
access the local instance via its floating IP..

Thanks,
Kiall