[Openstack] Horizon and translation timing

Devin Carlen devin.carlen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 22:33:40 UTC 2012

Hello all,

We've been discussing how best to handle accepting translation changes since we are doing a fairly substantial reworking of the OpenStack Dashboard.

We have decided to do a "string freeze" when the essex-4 milestone closes and then to rebuild translation files during the integrated-freeze period in between the essex-4 milestone and release.

We have had an unusually large number of changes during this cycle, but we want to do the best we can to make sure language support is as complete as possible.

Therefore if you are interested in translations, please plan on contributing updates between 2012-03-01 and 2012-03-15.  I know this is a small window but this will prevent us from having to repeat the work as various pieces are still implemented.

Best,

Devin