[Openstack] Blueprint etiquette

Andrew Bogott andrewbogott at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 22:05:41 UTC 2012

I am pretty close to fully implementing the api defined in this
blueprint, here:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/public-and-private-dns

Alas, I'm also about to attend a meeting at which Wikimedia folks will
almost certainly agree that we need a few features added to that api in
order to get what we need.

I doubt that anyone but me is keeping much of an eye on this extension,
but it nonetheless feels rude for me to unilaterally modify it when it
is already a part of a release schedule.  Is there an established
process for modifying existing designs?  Should I just go ahead and
modify the blueprint, or write a new 'extend-the-extension' blueprint?
Or something else?

Thanks!

- Andrew