[Openstack] please compress the public nova.git repository (~100MB -> 30MB)

Jim Meyering jim at meyering.net
Wed Feb 29 21:58:04 UTC 2012

Joe Gordon wrote:
> If you just want to install from source or just look at the current code you can
> do a:
>
> git clone git://github.com/openstack/nova.git --depth 1

Thanks for the tip, but I do know about git's --depth option.

The point of my message was to encourage someone with server access
to make it so every full clone is 70MB smaller (also makes the server
more efficient for fetch and push).
Less time to download and no need for every developer to
compress his/her own copy -- assuming they think to do that.