[Openstack] Nova instance and cloud-init

Joe Breu joseph.breu at rackspace.com
Wed Feb 29 09:31:53 UTC 2012

Hello,

You need to configure the datasource for cloud-init to utilize EC2.

I've used the following in the past as part of our image build process to get around this:

echo "cloud-init cloud-init/datasources string NoCloud, OVF, Ec2" > /tmp/debconf-selections
/usr/bin/debconf-set-selections /tmp/debconf-selections
rm -f /tmp/debconf-selections
apt-get -y install cloud-init

There may be more elegant ways to solve this problem but the above has worked for me.  YMMV.

---
Joseph Breu
Deployment Engineer
Rackspace Cloud Builders