[Openstack] devstack: excercises script other than shell scripts

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 16:46:18 UTC 2012

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 9:22 AM, Chmouel Boudjnah <chmouel at chmouel.com> wrote:
> I'd like to add a excercises to test swift3+s3token in devstack and
> was thinking to add a python script that use boto and do a few tests
> to the devstack instance. I was wondering if exercises/ devstack
> directory should be strictly shell scripts.

IIRC one of the original ideas in addition to providing a quick
checkout of the installation was to document use of the clients with
examples.  I don't see why that couldn't include python examples too.
I wouldn't get too complicated with them, make it like the shell
scripts, easy to read and follow.

You would need to re-word exercise.sh as it assumes .sh filenames.

dt

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com