[Openstack] TODO for the weekend: fix the Authors files

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Sat Feb 25 00:33:06 UTC 2012

Hello folks,

we are relying on the Authors file in each project's repository for a
bunch of very relevant things and I found out is that we can't rely on
them.

We need to have them maintained with full name *and* email address of
each person that contributed to the project.  We use the Authors list
twice a year to send out the invitations for the OpenStack summit and
twice a year for the election of PTLs. If we don't have email addresses
on those files or we have the wrong email addresses we put unnecessary
strain on people running elections and summit.

We have three days before the elections of PTL and I kindly ask your
help to please make sure that the Authors file of your project has your
full name and email.

In particular:

 - Keystone: create the file, populate it
 - Swift: add the email addresses
 - other: make sure you check the emailbox you listed there

I, Lloyd and Dave will be very grateful because you'll save us all from
the flood of 'OMG, I haven't received the link to vote and my colleagues
did'.

Thanks,
stef

PS I'll send a reminder on Monday, just before we close the nominations.
After that I'll feel much better when I'll ignore the OMG messages
mentioned above <evil grin>.