[Openstack] Swift container ACLs and container visibility question

Lillie Ross-CDSR11 Ross.Lillie at motorolasolutions.com
Thu Feb 23 21:55:31 UTC 2012

I'm setting up Swift storage for an internal project.  For the project's use of Swift, I want all members of the project to be able to see what's stored in Swift.  Applying suitable ACLs, it's possible for user's to see the contents of the projects container.  However, is there any way to allow users to see a list of containers used by the project?  Or must I create an additional container to store this type of project "meta data"?  May be a dumb question and more of a "architecture convention" issue, but I'm just getting started with Swift and OpenStack in general and was wondering what other's have done.

Thanks and regards,
Ross