[Openstack] Object Storage Swift on rhel6.0

Pete Zaitcev zaitcev at redhat.com
Tue Feb 21 05:05:24 UTC 2012

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 09:53:17 +0530
Sudhakar Maiya <smaiya at gmail.com> wrote:

> i would like to configure object storage swift on rhel6.0..
>
> can some one provide me the steps to install package/configure on each node.

Start with enabling the EPEL repository, then run
 yum install openstack-swift
It will pull the dependencies automatically, including those not
found in RHEL 6, e.g. python-webob1.0.

The rest is pretty much indentical to Ubuntu.

I have an swauth RPM in case you need to let your users to use your
Swift immediately, here:
 http://people.redhat.com/zaitcev/tmp/

However, if you are just experimenting, it would be better served by
configuring Keystone instead.

-- Pete