[Openstack] .Net API

Michael Pittaro mikeyp at lahondaresearch.org
Thu Feb 16 21:29:39 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 11:21 AM, Mahdi Njim <njimmahdi at gmail.com> wrote:
> HI
> My Name is Mahdi Njim and I'm a developer, We are working on openstack nova
> and we like to create web application that can controle it using .Net, I
> looked in the internet but it seems that there is no existing.Net API for
> openstack nova. So we started writing our one but I would to check first if
> there is any APIs that we missed in the internet. Thanx

The only API is REST,  and can be called from many programming languages.

The novaclient library is a Python interface to the REST API.

There is also an early Java library which also uses the REST API.
https://github.com/woorea/openstack-java-sdk/

You should be able to call the API from .Net with the WCF REST Starter
kit without too much effort.

http://aspnet.codeplex.com/releases/view/24644
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/cc950529.aspx

I'm not aware of any .net libraries for OpenStack.

mike