[Openstack] Howto Nova setup with HA?

i3D.net - Tristan van Bokkem tristanvanbokkem at i3d.nl
Thu Feb 16 12:32:38 UTC 2012

Interesting. Could you point us to the github location?

Anyway, ive have done some further research myself and find this very interesting mysql replication setup done by wsrep (https://launchpad.net/wsrep) and galeria (https://launchpad.net/galera/) where mysql will run as a Synchronous Multi-Master replication setup.

I have this running and works perfect but the problem now is. I need to add some kind of loadbalancing setup as nova can only point to one mysql location (i.e. --sql_connection=) So if I would point it to one of the mysql nodes in the cluster and that one fails everything fails. Adding a loadbalancer and point it to that will keep my mysql alive.

The main issue with this is, we are adding another point where we have yet to configure and maintain several more nodes. I would like to raise the question if it would be possible for nova to accept multiple mysql connection points and therefor drop the need for extra loadbalancer component and reducing complexity.

Best regards,

Tristan van Bokkem
Datacenter Operations

Contact:
E-mail Personal: tristanvanbokkem at i3d.net
E-mail Support: info at i3d.net
E-mail NOC: noc at i3d.net
Website: http://www.i3d.net Office:
Interactive 3D B.V.
Meent 93b
3011 JG Rotterdam
The Netherlands

Visit www.smartdc.net – SmartDC is our in-house 36,000 sq. ft. datacenter in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. High density hosting – multiple fiber carriers in-house – Level3 PoP.

Interactive 3D (i3D.net) is a company registered in The Netherlands at Meent 93b, Rotterdam. Registration #: 14074337 - VAT # NL 8202.63.886.B01. Interactive 3D (i3D.net) is CDSA certified on content protection and security. We are ranked in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 as one of the fastest growing technology companies.
  _____