[Openstack] OpenStack Java API

Luis Gervaso luis at woorea.es
Thu Feb 16 02:19:32 UTC 2012

Hi Justin,

Great!

I have tried a variety of options to implement this in a clean way. As you
can see Jersey afford it in the most clean way.

My thoughts to make this are:

1. Start with a handcoded JAXB annotations, since the schemas are
out-of-date and then we will create the XSD super easy.
2. I have seen than in servers endpoint the structure of XML and JSON are
not the same (networks / addresses part). Then i decided
to start the binding from XML in order to have as soon as posible the
generated schemas and then apply any patch to make it work
with JSON as well.
3. For my point of view HATEOAS is a must. The Client API must be easy
integrated with any business process or workflow. I know that
this will be funny since we are on the cutting edge, I think the next
version of Jersey have an early support for this.

Cheers!

Luis