[Openstack] Howto Nova setup with HA?

Christian Berendt berendt at b1-systems.de
Tue Feb 14 10:54:38 UTC 2012

Hi Tristan.

> So, we can run MySQL in master-master mode on multiple hosts, we can
> run nova-api on serveral hosts and load balance those and RabbitMQ
> has a cluster ha setup as well but is this the way to go? I can't
> find a clear answer to this. I am hoping one can shine some light on
> this!

I would prefer to use MySQL Cluster:
http://www.mysql.com/products/cluster/. You meant that with MySQL
master-master?

For RabbitMQ there are several ways to setup it:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/ha.html.

I think the customer site has to decide which HA setup they want use.
All types have advantages and disadvantages.

HTH, Christian.

--
Christian Berendt
Linux / Unix Consultant & Developer