[Openstack] NFS for nova-volume

Leandro Reox leandro.reox at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 01:41:37 UTC 2012

We're running our nova-volumes VG on a Netapp mapped LUN to the nova-volume
server.
But if youre looking for a more "clean" solution actually several vendors
like Nexenta have their own drivers for nova-volume to use, so a "volume
create" instruction will end up on a lun creation and mapping to the
virtual instances. Actually netapp is planing to release this to Folsom1
but always talking about block storage. nova-volume is a block storage
solution "Amazon EBS like" , i dont know if there's plans to suppor
creation and mapping of a volume as an NFS resource, i think that if you
need nfs volume mapping at boot time you can insert the correct mount lines
via metadata

Best
Lean