[Openstack] Question on i8ln?

Eric Windisch eric at cloudscaling.com
Mon Feb 13 21:58:46 UTC 2012

Open source? I haven't seen it so much as with "enterprise apps" from shops like IBM.  They're valuable as long as they're accompanied with readable text, and not just a code.

I'm guessing that you're looking at this from a developer's perspective rather than a support and operations perspective. Developers will understand English, but the operations and especially the support team may not. Having native language log messages has the potential to significantly decrease support costs for users both domestic and abroad (where domestic users might outsource support).

--
Eric Windisch