[Openstack] instance event subscription?

Monsyne Dragon mdragon at RACKSPACE.COM
Mon Feb 13 20:49:34 UTC 2012

On Feb 13, 2012, at 11:50 AM, Juan Antonio García Lebrijo wrote:

On 02/13/2012 06:37 PM, Andrew Bogott wrote:
On 2/13/12 9:47 AM, Juan Antonio García Lebrijo wrote:
Hello Andrew,

as we could find in the notification system wiki<http://wiki.openstack.org/NotificationSystem>, we had to add the flag (--notification_driver=nova.notifier.rabbit_notifier) in all modules configuration ( /etc/nova/nova-network.conf, nova-compute.conf, nova-volume.conf). And restart them.

Then you can consume from the exchange name "nova" (in the rabbitmq server) the create/delete events.  <snip>

This looks like just what I need.  Is there documentation someplace about the set of supported events, or do I just need to grep the code for that?
I took the ideas from SystemUsageData link<http://wiki.openstack.org/SystemUsageData>(but it seems not implemented yet), and take information testing the nova rabbit exchange. But grep the code could be a good way to gather info about it.

What version of nova are you using?  The wiki is current as of Essex-3

--
Monsyne M. Dragon
OpenStack/Nova