[Openstack] [Swift]Swift Client Synchronization

Hieu Le hieulq89 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 14:43:53 UTC 2012

Thank you Stephen, I will try s3fs and give feedback.

I don't want to use Cyberduck or Gladinet, I like mounting file/folders and
work with them like normal folder, so I will try to use s3fs.

Thank you all :)

On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 12:00 AM, Stephen Broeker <sbroeker at internap.com>wrote:

> Looks like you want to mount your Swift Account as a UFS like file system.
> This is called Gateway.
> Folks typically use Fuse to do this.
> Check out s3fs.
>
> On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 7:53 AM, Hieu Le <hieulq89 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I'm starting to study about openstack cloud and it is very great to learn
>> with Swift.
>> Now I'm wondering is there some methods to make downloaded file/folder in
>> client automatically synchronize with Swift.
>>
>> For example, I downloaded a file/folder in my computer from Swift, after
>> modify contents in this file/folder I want it to synchronize with Swift
>> (smt like Dropbox). Can you suggest me some methods to do this ?
>>
>> IMO, I think I need to set up rsync in my computer and configure it to
>> sync with swift ? But this seem to be difficult .. Another solutions is
>> finding a way to mount folder from Swift in client. But it (again) seems to
>> be difficult, I can not find any documentation described it.
>>
>> Please give me some solutions.
>>
>> Thank you for your attention !

..:: Lê Quang Hiếu ::..

Class: Information System - Course 52
School of Information and Communication Technology
Hanoi University of Technology
No 1, Dai Co Viet street - Hai Ba Trung district - Hanoi

Y!M: h2_fit at yahoo.com
Gmail: hieulq89 at gmail.com