[Openstack] Google Summer of Code-2012

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Feb 9 21:16:31 UTC 2012

Russell Bryant wrote:
> On 02/09/2012 03:33 PM, Michael Still wrote:
>> On 10/02/12 02:59, Armaan wrote:
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> Google has announced Google Summer of Code -2012, /Google Summer of
>>> Code/ is a global program that offers student developers stipends to
>>> write code for various open source software projects. More info is
>>> available here http://code.google.com/soc/. I wanted to know if there is
>>> any possibility of Openstack participating in /Google Summer of Code/.
>>
>> I'd be happy to mentor as well, although it sounds like there is no
>> shortage of mentors.
>
> The more the merrier, I would say (as long as they are qualified to be a
> mentor).  Should there be criteria for who can officially mentor a
> student?  Core reviewers?

Volunteering as a mentor is just one part of the equation. You also need
to come up with subjects... which is usually trickier :)

You should start a wiki page to collect mentors and the subjects they
propose... and based on how many we get, see if our application is
warranted.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack