[Openstack] RFC nova-network RTNETLINK patch

Adam Gandelman adamg at canonical.com
Thu Feb 9 19:18:55 UTC 2012

On 02/09/2012 10:25 AM, Bernhard M. Wiedemann wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for comments on the attached patch.
>
> On the net I found older/different versions of
> nova/network/linux_net.py
> containing
> if err and err != 'RTNETLINK answers: File exists\n':

Hi Bernhard-

I came across the same thing on Ubuntu yesterday.  Recent versions of
iproute2 have switched (or fixed, apparently) return codes when
unnecessarily adding or removing addresses.  This is a new issue on
Ubuntu Precise atm and imagine will be on future releases of other
distros.  There is a review pending that fixes this at
https://review.openstack.org/#change,3934 and a LP linked from there.

Adam