[Openstack] NEuca Extentions for OpenStack

Paul Ruth pruth at renci.org
Wed Feb 8 17:01:25 UTC 2012

Debo,

Thanks for that link.  It does seem that might be able to use the Quantum API.   I will check it out and try to join their group.

Paul

On Feb 8, 2012, at 11:39 AM, Debo Dutta (dedutta) wrote:

Have you guys looked at Quantum? Can the neuca model be adapted to use the quantum APIs? http://wiki.openstack.org/Quantum

>From a very high level, your neuca patches are bringing up VMs on a specific VLAN.
eth1=vlan:eth0:20:192.168.1.3/24 ; eth1 attaches to eth0.20 on host and has IP 192.168.1.3/24
eth2=vlan:eth0:19:192.168.2.3/24 ; eth2 attaches to eth0.19 on host and has IP 192.168.2.3/24

In quantum, the *network* is the primary abstraction and can be implemented using VLANs or tunnels etc. We can create separate networks and bring up VMs on specified networks.

debo