[Openstack] Dashboard Error: Unable to get vnc console for instance : The server could not comply with the request since it is either malformed or otherwise incorrect.

Joe Smithian joe.smithian at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 14:51:30 UTC 2012

I realized that noVNC is not running on my machine. I started noVNC
with this command

cd /opt/stack/noVNC
./utils/nova-wsproxy.py --flagfile /opt/stack/nova/bin/nova.conf --web
. 6080 > /var/log/nova/nova-wsproxy.log 2>&1 &

but it exit with this error message in the log file:

WebSocket server settings:
  - Listen on :6080
  - Flash security policy server
  - Web server. Web root: /opt/stack/noVNC
  - No SSL/TLS support (no cert file)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./utils/nova-wsproxy.py", line 171, in <module>
    server.start_server()
  File "/opt/stack/noVNC/utils/websocket.py", line 760, in start_server
    lsock = self.socket(self.listen_host, self.listen_port)
  File "/opt/stack/noVNC/utils/websocket.py", line 170, in socket
    sock.bind(addrs[0][4])
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 224, in meth
    return getattr(self._sock,name)(*args)
socket.error: [Errno 98] Address already in use
~

I'd appreciate your help to fix the VNC issue.

Regards

Joe