[Openstack] DevSatck - no Public IP address assigned to my server

Joe Smithian joe.smithian at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 21:09:05 UTC 2012

Hi All,

I've installed DevStack and using dashboard I created a server  from
"cirros" image  which comes with devstack.
Based on the information in the log file, the server is running with a
private IP address 10.0.0.4 but no public IP address!
Something in my configuration might be wrong but I don't know what?

VNC from dashboard fails with this error:
Error: Unable to get vnc console for instance
937e899c-ff9c-4de8-b7ba-cf64a67edd2c: The server could not comply with
the request since it is either malformed or otherwise incorrect.

I'd appreciate your help.

Joe